I’m a businessman who has owned several small companies. My business background taught me to focus on the bottom line, so my study of the financial markets was for one purpose only: to make profits.
I started my study of the markets under the direction of my late father, Patrick F. Burns, who accumulated 70 years of trading experience in his lifetime.
In addition, I hired three professional traders to mentor me personally, and even went to Chicago to work with a former floor trader at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange.
All of this research and study resulted in insights which eventually led to the development of my own Top Dog Trading methodology.
A outline of my trading contributions:
- Featured as a case study in the book “Using Candlestick Charting: How To Earn High Rates of Return – Safely” by Alan Northcott (Atlantic Publishing Group, Inc., 2009).
- Won a First Runner Up Readers Choice Award for “Technical Anaysis Web Sites” by Technical Analysis of Stocks and Commodities Magazine.
- Developed a 5 Day Course for WorldWideTraders.
- Headlining speaker at DayTradersUSA.
- Headlining speaker for the Market Analysts of Southern California.
- Given seminars around the country at many Wealth Expos and Traders Expos.
- Interviewed on the Robin Dayne “Elite Masters of Trading” Radio Show.
- Interviewed on Otrader.com.
- Published many articles for various outlets including eSignal Central.
- The former lead moderator of FuturesTalk chat room guiding listeners through the open and close of each trading day.
- Currently one of the featured Experts at Trader Kingdom.
- Doctorate in Hypnotherapy and is a certified NLP practitioner, and therefore able to help people with the psychology of trading.
- Founded Top Dog Trading, to help students shorten their learning curves in becoming traders.
Dr. Barry Burns